Today we are excited to introduce to you the founder of Raleigh, North Carolina’s first pay-what-you-can cafe, A Place at the Table. Maggie Kane is the Founder and Executive Director of A Place at the Table. She graduated from North Carolina State University in 2013 and began working for a nonprofit with people experiencing homelessness. By befriending many people living on the margins, she knew something needed to be done. February 2015, A Place at the Table was birthed and Maggie never looked back, opening in January of 2018 serving thousands of people in Raleigh with a dignified and an affordable meal. Maggie has a heart to serve, a desire to always be inclusive, and a passion for loving people.
- To learn more or donate: https://tableraleigh.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/table.raleigh
- If you’d like to hear Maggie’s TED Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpYBd9bdV9k&feature=youtu.be
- Sign up for mailing list HERE https://mailchi.mp/e3cef217a5e7/sweetnews
- Instagram: @SteelMagnoliasPodcast
- Private Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/32Kna4T