Steel Magnolias Podcast is always coming back to the theme of southern hospitality. We love any excuse to open our hearts and our doors to others, so today we wanted to discuss the origins of Friendsgiving and how that can look at your dinner table.
- How a Dinner Party Can Save Your Life feat. Dr. Jerome Burt - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/steel-magnolias-podcast/id1442852139?i=1000484867070
- Southern Hospitality - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/steel-magnolias-podcast/id1442852139?i=1000598438726
50 Ideas for Friendsgiving - https://www.signupgenius.com/home/friendsgiving-thanksgiving-ideas.cfm
Green Bean Casserole Recipe:
1 bag of green beans.
1 small pack of mushrooms.
3 cloves of garlic
1 medium onion, chopped .
2cups of milk and 1 cup of half and half .
1 stick of butter.
3 TB spoons of flour
1 teaspoon of dry thyme or fresh thyme.
1/3 cup of cheddar cheese.
1 cup of bacon bits
1/2 cup of French fried onions.
1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers.
OK now this is how I made it ;
Sautéed the onions, mushrooms, and garlic in one stick of butter. Then add the flour and stir it in . Add the 3 cups of milk slowly and make thick sauce . Add the cheese, bacon, bits, and the thyme in. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add the sauce to the blanched beans in a baking dish and top it with French onions and crackers or bread crumbs and bake it at 350 for about an hour.
Yep, found a FriendsGiving playlist on Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7a80QjnKAMnZu5Lx50INeh
- Subscribe to our newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/e3cef217a5e7/sweetnews
- Text a friend with a link to the show https://pod.link/1442852139
- Support this Show: https://app.redcircle.com/shows/272163da-d825-415c-8092-bd907aba8ebd/donations
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/steel-magnolias-podcast/donations
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands