In 1955, two Georgia neighbors opened up a restaurant that would change the world. Joe Rogers Sr. and Tom Forkner were living in Avondale Estates, GA, when they decided to open a 24-hour, sit-down restaurant for their friends and neighbors, focused on people on both sides of the counter. That first restaurant opened the door to create the Waffle House brand that you see today.
We love this place and hope you have a Waffle House near you!
Here are some references made during today's episode:
- Spotify Playlist for Waffle House Records: https://open.spotify.com/artist/1M9TwPmcKxNvPjqMs8ZP5f
- Coffee Table Book (Lainie mentioned but not by name): https://www.micahcash.com/wafflehousevistas
- Sean Dietrich aka “Sean of the South” blogs about Waffle House:
- Waffle House: https://seandietrich.com/t-bones-and-coca-colas/
- Waffles: https://seandietrich.com/waffles/
- In Defense of Waffle House: https://seandietrich.com/in-defense-of-waffle-house/
- Subscribe to our newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/e3cef217a5e7/sweetnews
- Text a friend with a link to the show https://pod.link/1442852139
- Support this Show: https://app.redcircle.com/shows/272163da-d825-415c-8092-bd907aba8ebd/donations
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/steel-magnolias-podcast/donations
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands